Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Racey Blooper

I have been involved in a weekly ministry called One-by-One Tutoring for the last ten years or so and for most of those years, have written and taught Bible lessons for the Bible Club. Through the years, some pretty ridiculous things have come out of my mouth, for which I get teased endlessly, until mercifully, the blunder is forgotten. My last blooper has remained untouched by my peers, probably because in the blur of activity every Monday night, it went out of mind before out of mouth. So I will tell on myself!

The theme for this year's Bible Club is "The Amazing Race - the Race of Life" and so in keeping with that theme, we try to begin each week with some race-related activity or relay. And so while I was introducing the relay to follow, I said, "We try to do something a little racey each week" - quickly followed by a short laugh and disclaimer...."Well, not racey....I mean...like a relay...." The adults in the room had a good laugh and that was the end of that!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha that's awesome. Good thing I wasn't there or I would have done something racey and then blamed YOU! :)

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Diane Dahlen said…

    Yeah, I know. That's why I strive for perfection when you're there. I just never know what antics you might pull.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home