Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Losing Keys Is Contagious

What is the deal with losing keys anyway? My last traumatic search began in November a few days after I lost my keys. You see, I didn't know they were missing right away because of some other traumatic circumstances. After I retraced my thoughts, then my steps, then re-retraced the previous, I pretty much gave up. I mean how many times can you go through your car, your purse, your semi-cluttery house looking for those babies? As I recounted the chain of events to Mindy, one link in the random chain stood out to her. We had taken her car when we took her dad to the hospital early one morning. I was in the back seat. Perhaps my keys had fallen out of my hand/purse and were innocently awaiting retrieval in her back seat!? I'll check, she said. I was ecstatic when the phone call came. Yes, indeed, my keys had been found. Unfortunately a few days later, I lost my new glasses - but that's for another entry. And...since that time, Mindy has lost her keys at least three times - all at church. I'm taking the blame and have repented in sackloth and ashes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home