Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Getting Smarter

I just read my son's blog again. The kid has such a way with words it amazes me. Then, of course, I recall that he is my son and I taught him everything he knows! Yeah, right! The truth is, that with every child we have, we loose just a bit more of our reserve brain cells - that's why our kids are always smarter than we are! :)

I'm sure glad I don't have to rely on my own smarts to make it through life. "If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask him, and he will gladly tell you." James 1:5 (NLT). Simple admonition, yet often I try to figure things out on my own. This year I want to rely on myself less and on God more and take Him up on His offer! (Hey, you may notice me getting smarter and smarter as the year goes along!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home