Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unseen Blessing

Unanswered prayer, at least when it seems that, is just plain difficult to digest. We know God is loving, powerful, faithful to His Word and yet so often some of our deepest heart's cries don't seem to be answered. I said to my husband yesterday, "If I was God, I would answer my people's prayers!" He replied, "If you were God, you would know more." I guess that's what it boils down to. God is omnicient, He can and does do only what is best for us. God is love, He cannot act inconsistently with Love. It is not in His nature to do so. Since He is infinitely understanding and patient, always faithful, He can respond to us in no other way.

Thomas needed something visual. "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." Jesus accommodated his need. I need a visual at times - I need to SEE God at work in order to believe. Oh, I see evidence of His hand everywhere I look. But I'm talking about a specific request. I need to see Him as Healer!

Jesus said to Thomas, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." God, help me be content in the not-seeing and be able to fully embrace the blessing in whatever form You send it.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I spent all this last summer praying the Thomas' prayer. It is a good one to pray! I still find myself often praying it... when I have no other words to say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home