Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sweet Dreams

This is for anyone out there who is fifty or older. Those younger will not be able to relate at all, but should consider it seriously, as it is prophetic for you. Remember the days when you fell into bed exhausted, rolled over, closed your eyes and before you knew it, is was morning? Ah - I remember those days. I also remember the many times I would hear my in-laws query, "How was your night? Did you sleep well? Did you have a good night?" I always wondered why such questions? Just go to bed and go to sleep for heaven's sake! Now I find myself asking those same questions. For example, last night I went to sleep for a good hour and a half and had to get up to take care of a pressing matter. I worked at getting back to sleep, which I did, and then found myself looking at the clock at 3 a.m. Why? Who knows? Maybe it was reassuring to know that the clock was still there. I rolled over and once again fell asleep with effort. Then it was 5 a.m. - then 7 a.m. At one wakeful moment, I found myself biting my tongue. What in the world? Stress? Maybe. Worries about the current situation in our lives? Perhaps. If anything, it's a reminder to me that I need to "cast all my cares on Him because He cares for me." And certainly, I'm thankful even for sleep because that is truly a gift from God. Awake every two hours maybe could serve as a reminder to me that I need to be turning my heart heavenward at least every two of my waking hours or in reality, every hour - every minute! Anyway, for whatever it's worth, is my commentary on sleeping. Relate? Great. If not, someday you will! Sweet dreams!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm totally with you! For instance, I just loved waking up this morning to realize that I actually slept last night with only a short wakeful moment thru the entire night! That is such a rare event, I had to share it with you! Have a wonderful day and an even more peaceful night! I love you tons! Betty Boop

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Nikki said…

    Yes, I relate -- for a different reason, though (a reason that is 4 months old, to be more specific...)

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger prairierose said…

    Glad to see you are back blogging--it is a great way to keep up on each other's lives...as to sweet dreams, I usually sleep well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home