Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Fall Down Go Boom

It has been probably close to fifty years since I fell and scraped up my knee like I did yesterday. Ouch. One does not forget that feeling over a lifetime I guess. I was hauling two bags of groceries into my house from the car...my foot caught on a beam of wood that borders the sidewalk and down I went. Fortunately for me, in my left hand was a bag containing two boxes of cereal and one carton of eggs and my purse. They definitely cushioned my fall somewhat, but still my right knee and hand scraped against the pavement. I lay there for a moment taking inventory of my injuries and of course, checking around to see if anyone saw me! No one was around so I cautiously got to my feet, picked up my smashed box of cereal and slimey bag of eggs and made my way to the house. Would you believe, only four eggs were broken? Either they were hardboiled or I fell more gracefully than I thought!

Anyway, there are some experiences that maybe repeated occasionally throughout life and even though it may have been fifty years since the last round, it feels like just yesterday.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Fall down, go boom, not fun.

    Sorry you fell. Hope you had a nice trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home