Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day

Today is the first day of my favorite month. Every year I try to stretch each May Day to the max. I strive to notice every nuance of spring emerging - to hang on to the time. Alas - each year the month flies by just as the others do. How I long for miracles this May. As the world comes alive with leaves and flowers, I long for new life to begin in my husband's body. New spiritual life and fervor has indeed been birthed in us both as we've been abiding ever closer to the Vine. But wouldn't it be great if physical vitality would match that and he would indeed have his "youth renewed like the eagles - that he would run and not be weary, walk and not faint?" Someday every day will be May Day - not in the sense of emergency - but in the sense of fresh, new, fragrant blossoms and never ending beauty. What a great reward awaits us as we are faithful to Him. Thank you, God, for May and the promise of new life and an eternity of joy.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger DD4 said…

    You and your husband are in my prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home