Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Stolen Jacket

I almost stole a leather jacket from church tonight! Yikes! I had it on, zipped up, belt tied and was ready to go! As I walked towards the door, I stuck my hands in the pockets to pull out my gloves! What? Where did they go? Don't tell me I lost another pair of gloves. So...out the door we walked and were hit by the nasty, cold, damp, Minnesota winter. I reached up to pull my hood over my head as I recalled the warmth and protection it provided me on the way IN to church a couple of hours earlier. No hood - my leather jacket doesn't have a hood! Wait. This must not be my coat. I wore my long beige, cozy, warm jacket to church tonight! Woops. I race back to the coatrack, hang up the leather coat - that happens to be IDENTICAL to mine - size, style, brand name. My beige coat awaits me on another hangar. Whew. I can only hope that the real owner of "my" jacket didn't come looking for it during the two minutes I was being a thief!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home