Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Weakness = Strength

Do you ever feel like there's so much going on in your world that you are unable to separate your thoughts and feelings into any semblance of order? I usually like to analyze significant moments and hopefully glean some new truths from them...you know, make some logical, spiritual sense out of things as they happen. For a couple of months now, I've been living in a kind of fog. Circumstances are very uncomfortable, worrisome, the future unknown. I don't like this place. I want to know the why's, the when's, and that all my what if's are really "no problem." I have shed more tears, prayed more desperately and felt more helpless than ever before. I realize that I have no control over most of what happens in life....and definitely no control over what is happening now.

Now that I think about it, this place that I'm in is probably the place God wants me. It's not comfortable and I don't like it. You see, I am weaker, more dependent on God and less self-reliant, more prayerful, more desperate for God than I've ever been. Then I think of Paul's words, "I glory in my weaknesses, because when I am weak, then I am strong." So from God's perspective, I'm stronger than I've ever been. Hmm.....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I know what you mean...I keep wondering how I can remain in the state of being completely weak and vulnerable before God when things are on the up and up... I find it so easy to forget that when I feel confident and strong I'm actually not...

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Diane Dahlen said…

    Yeah, I've asked God many times why I can't grow during the easy times. Just doesn't seem to work that way. I'd prefer that the intense, learning times be SHORT and TO THE POINT! But God's timing you know....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home