Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Things I Want To Learn

Okay, now for a list of "things I want to learn" during this trial:

1. I want to learn how to experience true JOY in the middle of it....not just from memories of past miracles, or from the expectation of a better future, but NOW. God is a God of the present - He is Jehovah Shammah - the God who is always there. He is a "very present help in time of need."

2. I want to learn to really trust God always - not for what He does for me - but for WHO HE IS! I want to learn to seek His face rather than His hand.

3. I want to learn how to "gird up the loins of my mind." I am a master of what I call "bird walks" of the mind. (Others probably call those "bunny trails.") I can go down a path of fearful thoughts and scary scenarios faster than the speed of light.

4. I want to learn to see other's needs glaring above my own - to take my thoughts off of myself and what I want - and focus on others.

5. I want to learn to automatically see the positive things, without having to go digging!

6. I want to know God so well that my first reponse to any situation is one of faith, not fear.

I'm sure there will be more but this is enough for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home