Journaltime

This is a place where a career, stay-at-home-work-at-home, former homeschooler, almost empty nester, rapidly passing through middle age, mom finds an outlet for the thousands of daily, unspoken words.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Fear of Blog

Okay. So I'm going to enter the blogging world. Why? I don't know. I guess it's because I love to journal and maybe after all the years of practice, I may have something of interest to say to someone else. Problem. My entries in my own private journal are....well....private....meant for my own eyes and no others - read only by God and myself if I ever take the time to read what I've written. Fear? Yes. I fear that someday after my demise, my children will haul out the old journals neatly tucked away in my nightstand (kids, forget I said that) and begin to "ooh and aah" their way through myriads of pages of my private hopes, dreams, fears and struggles. Do I want those revealed to my descendants? Probably not, but I fear I am helpless to do much about it.

And now the fear of blog. Yes. I fear I really don't have anything to say after all. I fear that the hundreds of pages I've written over the last 28 years are nothing more than therapy for a rather insecure, codependent kind of person and I dare not let others know that I really don't know how to put a sentence together after all. But what the hey! Bloggers aren't necessarily journalism majors, or even A students in English. They are just people who enjoy sharing words with others. And if anyone even bothers to read what I say, they can come to their own conclusions about whether or not their visit to my site was worth the time. And you know what? I don't care what they think anyway. Because writing IS therapy for me. I've written my way through many trials, through the ups and downs of life and found stability and sanity by it. As I've done so, I've kept God's Blog on my lap and found in that Holy Book the solutions to my problems, my struggles and time and time again, found the truth that has set me free!

So...read if you like. I can't guarantee you'll benefit at all, but I do know one thing. I will not be deterred by the Fear of Blog! I will allow the Fear of God to rule in my life and writings.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    This comment has a twofold purpose:

    1. To welcome you to the blogging world.

    2. To eliminate a blogger's worst nightmare...no comments to his/her post!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found you...Congrats on your courage!! Pat found these comments somewhere, framed them for himself and me^...
    Write!
    I don't have to be a great writer...
    It doesn't have to be a great text...
    I need to write down what I know in the clearest and most arresting manner possible,
    And, if some people read it and are helped...
    Something has been gained!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home